Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lots on my mind


There has been a lot on my mind this week as it is a big week for me both personally and in the memory of any runner in the running community.  The week started for me with the unexpected death of a pet followed by reminders of loved ones who left us around this time last year.  Running helped process those emotions.

Then my issue of Runners World came and this month's issue is a memorial issue for those who were affected by the Boston Marathon bombings last year.  Needless to say each run I've done this week has been heavy with thought and reflection as well as a certain degree of introspection. Our time on this earth is often too short.   It is easy to get caught up in our day-to-day and not look forward to what is our future nor reflect on what was our past.  It seems we don't cherish our moments but rather we try to maximize and economize our time.  Perhaps what matters is not the number of minutes or days or years that you exist in this body but rather what you do during those minutes and those days and those years that counts.

When I go I can't imagine people are going to remember me by the number of loads of laundry that I did or whether I folded my clothes as soon as they came out of the dryer or whether I was on time to all my social engagements.  What I do hope people will remember me by is how much I loved, who I loved, and the memories I left behind for those loved ones.  Every day, every minute, every second is a precious gift- treat them as such.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment