Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My reading problem

Another blog post from the phone!  Please excuse any typos and grammatical or punctuation errors as well as the brevity of this post! 



I think I have a problem.  My husband bought me a Kindle last year and since then I have been reading a ton!   The problem is that it's so easy to buy books online through my Kindle that I've been reading a lot that I wouldn't normally have spent money on!  There's just something so real about purchasing a book with actual hard cash compared to just a few clicks of a button.

One of the things that has saved me is the sample function on the Kindle reader.  This feature allows the reader to download a few pages of a book to see if they're interested in reading it.  My new obsession is downloading samples of books about running - I can't stop myself!!  I think I have sampled four books over the past four days!!  Anyway, the nonfiction running book is a new genre of literature for me and I have found that the writing can be very hit or miss in the quality/entertainment department.  (I have a bachelors degree in English so I can be a bit picky when it comes to my literature.)

Running books that I would add to an absolutely must read list include the following titles:  Born to Run, Eat and Run, Pre, Marathon Man, and any one (or all) of the George Sheehan books.  (Please forgive the lack of underlining- not sure how to make that happen on the phone!). Warning: the Sheehan books are not light bedtime reading ;)!

So, whats on your must-read list?  Are you a runner that likes to read running books or are you a runner who would prefer to read fiction novels and other non-running  related literature?  Leave a comment and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment