Sunday, June 1, 2014

Things I should do, actually do, and accidentally do


All runners have strengths and weaknesses.  Sometimes it is beneficial to stop and take stock of both one's weaknesses and one's strengths.  A good time to do this is before starting another round of serious training.  As I am about to buckle down and start preparing for the Airforce Marathon this fall, I thought it an ideal moment to evaluate myself.


I should....Commit to a single training schedule and consistently keep a log.  What I find is that I suffer from ADHD when it comes to training and logging miles.  I am sure there is some psychological explanation that could link this phenomenon with my strange claustrophobia and fear of getting stuck in my clothes, however I am no psycologist.  Hopefully this blog will help keep me on track!

I do....Get my miles in.  It may not be pretty, it may not be at the same time every day, and it may not make it in to the log book, but I get my miles in.  I think this flexibility is beneficial in that I don't get used to only running at a certain time of day or under certain weather conditions.  Also I get experience running on a variety of terrain such as treadmill, road, trail, and track.  This variety of terrain helps keep my legs fresh and my mind engaged.

I accidentally....Run too many hills.  I live in a very hilly area and it really cannot be avoided.  The only areas where hills could be avoided are at the local school track or the Ingles store parking lot.  Ingles is alot closer to my house and conveniently enough the loop around the lot is just at about 400m.  Needless to say, I have been spending some quality time outside my neighborhood Ingles.  So far no one seems to be bothered by my parking lot runs....


No comments:

Post a Comment