Wednesday, November 20, 2013

We did it!

Today I ran 2 miles!!!!!  My feet felt great!  It was hard to stop running, but I knew I needed to take it easy.  I warmed up for 10 minutes on the bike prior to jumping on the treadmill.  I wore ankle braces on both ankles and ran in my Newton stability trainers.  I have a pair of Saucony stability trainers but my stride feels more natural in the Newtons.  My ankle sprain was a low ankle sprain with pain along the plantar fascia and near the cuboid bone.  Today when I was running, I did not feel pain but I did feel a stretch in my plantar fascia.  The area just below my ankle near the cuboid bone remained comfortable throughout the run.

I feel great - it was wonderful to get up and go running this morning!!!  I am on track for the Gobble Jog this Turkey day and cannot wait to be back racing!!  WAHOOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment